Applicability. Requirements for shower facilities and lockers are applicable under the provisions of Section 155.2(a)(1) through (a)(4) for uses defined under subsection (c) below. Subject uses shall provide shower and clothes locker facilities for short-term use of the tenants or Employees in that building. When shower facilities and lockers are required due to additions to, conversion, or renovation of uses, facilities shall be calculated based on the total square footage of the building or lot after the addition, conversion or renovations.
Effective Date. The effective date of the requirements of this Section, shall be either November 19, 1998, which is the date that the requirements originally became effective by Ordinance 343-98, or the date a subsequent modification, if any, became effective.
|Uses||Minimum Shower Facility and Lockers Required|
|Offices; Post-Secondary educational institution, including trade school; Elementary and Secondary School; Child Care; Hospitals and In-Patient Clinic, Medical Offices or Out-Patient Clinic; Public Uses including Museum, Library, Community Center, and Art Services; Light Manufacturing, Wholesale sales, Trade Shop, Catering Services, Business Goods and Equipment Repair, Business Service, Laboratory, Integrated PDR, Small Enterprise Workspace||
– One shower and six clothes lockers where the occupied floor area exceeds 10,000 square feet but is no greater than 20,000 square feet,
– Two showers and 12 clothes lockers where the occupied floor area exceeds 20,000 square feet but is no greater than 50,000 square feet,
– Four showers and 24 clothes lockers are required where the occupied floor area exceeds 50,000 square feet.
|Retail Sales, Restaurant, Limited Restaurants, Bars; Personal Services||
– One shower and six clothes lockers where the occupied floor area exceeds 25,000 square feet but is no greater than 50,000 square feet,
– Two showers and 12 clothes lockers where the occupied floor area exceeds 50,000 square feet.
Exemptions. An owner of an existing building subject to the requirements of this Section 155.4 shall be exempt from subsection (c) upon submitting proof to the Zoning Administrator that the owner has made arrangements with a health club or other facility, located within three blocks of the building, to provide showers and lockers at no cost to the Employees who work in the owner’s building.
(Added by Ord. 183-13 , File No. 130528, App. 8/7/2013, Eff. 9/6/2013)
(Former Sec. 155.4 added by Ord. 193-01, File No. 010488, App. 9/7/2001; amended by Ord. 187-09, File No. 090867, App. 8/12/2009; Ord. 173-12, File No. 120471, App. 8/2/2012, Eff. 9/1/2012; Ord. 182-12 , File No. 120665, App. 8/8/2012, Eff. 9/7/2012; repealed by Ord. 183-13 , File No. 130528, App. 8/7/2013, Eff. 9/6/2013)