In addition to the purposes of this Code as stated in Section 101, the Mission Bay Height Districts are established for further purposes of implementing the Urban Design element and other elements of the Master Plan and the Mission Bay Plan, according to the objectives, principles and policies stated therein. Among these purposes are the following:
1. Relating the height of buildings to important attributes of the City pattern and to the height and character of existing development;
2. Promotion of building forms that will respect and improve the integrity of open spaces and other public areas;
3. Promotion of harmony in the visual relationships and transitions between new and older buildings;
4. Protection and improvement of important City resources and of the neighborhood environment;
5. Conservation of natural areas and other open spaces; and
6. Direction of new development to locations that are appropriate in terms of land use and transportation.
(Added by Ord. 63-91, App. 2/27/91)